Thursday, August 02, 2007

ARGHHHHHHHHHH.....Ebay

For those of you that know me, you know that I have closed my real estate office (still doing mortgages.....CALL ME!!!!) I have gone back to one of my favorite things to do. I've gone back to making my handcrafted home decor items! Visit my website at http://www.throughthemindseye.net/. 8 months ago, I also went back to selling on eBay. Things have been good until....come on....you always know there is an until. Well, eBay suspended my account. Customer service has always been my strongest goal. I am not satisfied unless my customers are satisifed, so you can imagine how frustrated I get when I do not get the same customer service from the companies that I deal with. Here is customer service at eBay!!!

Envision this scenario:

You are shopping at a mall. You’ve spent hours browsing and found just the items you were looking for. You are at the checkout and have paid the cashier. In rushes the mall security and they take all the inventory from the store and gather it up and throw it in a dumpster, including the package that you have just paid for!

Customer: (outraged) Wait, I just paid for that!!!

Security: (shrugs) Yeah, so what?

Store owner: (frazzled) Wait, stop. What are you doing??

Security: (non-chalantly) We received a complaint that someone doesn’t like what you are selling.They think you may be infringing on their trademark.

Store owner: But I’m not infringing on anyone’s trademark. Don’t I have the opportunity to defend myself?

Security: Nope, you can email the mall owner. If they are in a good mood, maybe they’ll even look at it.

Store Owner: What about my business, what about my customers??

Security: Hey lady, we really don’t care. Do you think we really have the time to check out every complaint to see whether or not it is valid? Think again, it’s easier for us to just handle things this way. As for you customers who paid, not our problem lady.

Store Owner: Let me at least take care of my customers who have paid me.

Security: Lady, are you crazy. No, screw your customers. Oh yeah….we emailed all of your past customers also and told them that you were no good to deal with!

Store Owner: I thought that this was my business and that I owned it. I pay you guys good money every month for my rent!

Security: (rolling on the floor laughing) YOUR business, that’s the funniest thing we’ve heard all day. Let’s get one thing straight. This is OUR business. When we see fit, we ALLOW you to sell your products. You are a speck of dirt to us and if the mood strikes us, we will sweep you under a rug. Anyways lady, we’re too busy to talk to you. You want to talk with us, email us. You don’t like what we’re doing….follow the yellow brick road.

Store Owner: Ok, that’s what I will do. I’m sure that you work for reasonable people.

Store owner picks up phone and dials the mall owner. Ring…ring. Hello, please push 1 to talk to…., please push 2 to talk to….please push 3 to talk to…. Ok, I think I need 1. Hello, thank you for contacting us. Please visit our website and click on 78 links to get the answer that you need. Ok, let’s try 2. Hello, please visit our website and click on 94 links to get the answer that you need. ARGHHHHHHHH!!! Ok, let’s try 3. Hello, the great wizard does not speak with people on the phone! Please email us and we will return your email within 48 hours with a form email that has nothing to do with your question. Thank you!

No comments: