Friday, August 03, 2007

Day 9 of my 7 day EBay suspension

Well, this is getting pretty frustrating. The department that I am dealing with only responds to emails. I sent an email 3 days ago asking several valid important questions. The beginning of the email stated that I was frustrated at sending emails and not having my questions answered, but rather getting canned answers.

They finally responded today!!! YEAH!! (Not!)

"We apologize if our responses seem automated or 'canned'. Please understand that this is partly due to our business processes and partly due to our efforts in providing a rapid response to our members. I assure you that for each reply there is a real person at our end who is dedicated to helping you resolve your concerns."

This entire statement is an oxymoron because the rest of the email DOES NOT ANSWER ANY OF THE QUESTIONS THAT IT WAS IN RESPONSE TO!!!

I was referred to the EBay user agreement, which also DOES NOT answer these questions.

Please understand that this is partly due to our business processes???????? So apparently, eBay has set up their business processes to NOT assist their members.

and partly due to our efforts in providing a rapid response to our members????? Let's see, if I ask a question and it is answered by an email that does not provide an answer.........HOW IS THAT HELPING?

It's very sad that eBay has become what it is today because of all the people out in the real world like me. Since they are the only venue on the internet such as they are....they feel that they can screw around like this....because where else are you going to go? Customer service is only a required department, but not required to actually provide what the title suggests.

Over the last several days.....the most common response that I have gotten was "I'm sorry". I don't know about anyone reading this, but I know that when I am sorry for something, I try to make it right.

Welcome to the year 2007, where faxes have made all of our lives easier. Not with eBay. Did you know that it takes an average of 3 days for eBay to receive a fax!!!! That is what customer service told me! They also state that it takes them 5-10 business days to read that fax! Unfortunately, if we ran our businesses in the way that eBay runs theirs, we would all be out of business within 30 days!

I will continue to post here to let you know what is going on with this nightmare! Wish me luck!!!!!

No comments: